Monday 19 April 2021

Conspiracy, death, and hope?

 

Conspiracy, death, and hope?

There is a war going on that cost humanity more lives than all modern wars did. The war against the virus is being fought by health care workers, poor essential workers, and scientists developing vaccines. To win it, people must act together and make personal sacrifices. Those not yet affected face a choice if to help others or risk spreading the virus. Doctors say they will resign sooner than decide who will live or die.

Now the war is being fought locally. Some say that the danger is a hoax designed to infringe on their freedom, while others feel they must fight for their lives. I am severely compromised so I am demanding consideration even if it may hurt the economy. We have help available for most people who are hurt by this war.

At times like now, when death is lurking around the corner, people are driven to consider what death is. Existing as we are in temporary bodies, we have been trying to figure it out since prehistorical times. I find the subject fascinating and devoted much time trying to figure it out.

Many modern people feel we should not waste our lives on thinking about death, and many others invest effort and money to improve what will happen to them after this life. Opinions vary depending on people’s religions and recently on the latest scientific theories. I try to learn both.

My Abrahamic religious roots indicate that my soul will depart my body and be judged based on what I have done or haven't done in this life. The central figure in my bible taught helping the poor, not being concerned with material possessions, and being kind. Those teaching the faith have another set of rules. This is similar in all three major Abrahamic faiths and unanimously agrees that women are inferior to men. I have unanswered questions.

On the other side of the world, half of humanity supports another opinion. I am less familiar with it, but I can simplify my understanding involving reincarnation. The soul separates from the body and will be reborn as another creature. After some or many lifetimes, it will achieve unification with the creator in which it will lose its individuality.

There are also many “primitive” religions and cults that are not taken seriously. The most noticeable change happening now is that large numbers of people are abandoning religions altogether and are looking to science to give answers about life. More and more I hear the term, “pie in the sky”. Judging by the behaviour of the more affluent humans, there is a trend to ignore other people and use them for making and hoarding wealth. There are some who use little bits of the hoarded wealth to do some good (philanthropy) without giving it up.

As religions are evolving, the resources of the earth are depleting. We use all that is available much faster than the natural process can replenish it, and the whole idea behind Sabbath comes to focus. I watch the conflict about what should be done regarding the raging virus, and the race to use up all the world’s resources fast and it becomes clear to me. The actual war that my kind is fighting is between selfishness and generosity or love.

I lean back in my chair and contemplate. What would I consider the best of all feasible solutions for life after death? If I am asked which will be my choice, I consider what I learned from religions and also from science. In my life, we came from Einstein to the quantum theories and the God particle. From using horses to carrying little computers called cell phones. My life depends on a medical implant that keeps me alive.

At this point, I deduct that there is one theory that appeals to me most, but is subject to change. I am always open to learning new things. When I heard it, it sounded like a conspiracy theory, but now it makes more sense. I realize that the particles I am made of can appear across the universe while reacting to other paired particles. I understand that mass and energy are the same and that physical things can be other than physical until observed by a conscious being.

The idea is that what I call “myself” is a nonphysical force named soul. It can live in many forms and changes. The body can be killed, but the soul may go on and take a new form. It will, just like in this life, remember some things but forget the less pleasant. It can grow a body or perhaps has other options at its disposal.

I grew from a tiny thing into what I am today, mostly out of water, which is abundant on this earth. Done it once, I can do it again, even if I don’t remember how I did it. The joys and sadness that I experience each day, probably go on for eternity.

I think that what a person believes a person creates, and it influences others as well. We measure thoughts with brain waves, which the soul can change.

If I will discover the day after I die that life is going on and I never even noticed a difference, I will not be surprised. If I will be younger or even look different than I did before death, I will just say thank you, Lord. If I will be in the company of others who died and those still living, all my loved ones, I will be happy and go on. A world without end, my bible states, and I believe it.

Here is a link to my blog: https://thesimpleravenspost.blogspot.ca/  Feel free to check other articles and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new Human.

  A new Human. Some time ago I was listening to a past American president's campaign speech. He was threatening harm to people who did...