Wednesday 14 February 2024

How can humans survive?

 

How can humans survive?

I had a son a long time ago, and he survived only one day. (Now I have another). The doctors could not help him and prayers did not prolong his life here on earth. It was a case of “let God’s will be done.” Is a one-day-long life less than many years of life? I think when God prolongs life here on earth, it is for those left behind, not for the person who will not live another day. I try to stay alive and let God decide for how long. He probably planned the life ahead before it began, for reasons I didn’t know. A God who planned and created universes doesn’t need my computing power to reach His goals.

If you ask people what they expect the government to do for them, joy probably gets many votes. Many will answer that they expect long and healthy lives. Nowadays, there will be a pleasure component attached. People expect pleasure of some sort, such as holidays, or perhaps things that money can buy. People in our world as we know it assume that there will be divine intervention offering prosperity or other pleasures as part of the deal. Life should include happiness, or is it a big enough gift?

Words and more words. Love and happiness can only exist if there are others to enjoy it or suffer it. Over the years, we learned that all of humankind is a part of one creature that is connected without an overall skin. We like them, hate them, force them, and learn from them. There is no life without them and “them” is interchangeable with “us.”

For humans, there is only one way to exist on earth. We try to be more successful by forcing each other to be the same as ourselves, but we always fail. We try to make others do our work and they instead make us do theirs. Our goals can only be achieved if we do them together, and that is by agreement, which is a lofty goal. The one way is working together if we wish to survive and it’s not always fair.

Again, to win, we must all work together, which we cannot do since we trip each other. I build and another kicks it over, so I will not have more than they do. We both lose, so I try to force. Forcing people to do things is very costly and often dangerous.

A big problem for us is that we only know how to play games to win or lose. We used to play for pride. Each of us wanted to be the best in something like a sport or a skill and show it off. We gave it up and changed the word. Now we find people saying something like I am proud to be gay. I have a hard time figuring out how being proud of a skill that takes a lot of effort to obtain relates to sexual attraction, but I don’t wish to offend, so I wait for the answer to come to me. I wonder if it ever will. For now, I work hard not to say things that may offend good people. I am just one human and there is surely enough that I don’t understand, but possibly will.

Why can’t I understand the world I am living in? That is a two thousand years secret. That which some of us call God created a conflict which forces us to go against our nature to have a nature at all. Male and female, He created them. The males can subjugate the females but in a short time will all die. Females are the only ones who reproduce.

The males and some aggressive females try to use physical force and fail. Females use their softness to soak up the male strength and equally take part in the art of creation. My wife can get her way even if I deploy the most modern weapons that exist. A shy smile that is stronger than an aircraft carrier group. If she says “I love you” I will be ready to disarm a three million dollars supersonic ballistic missile. I have no defense against the soft power.

Yet, I love this life the way it is. I think that she also does. We can’t win while we fight with equally lethal weapons, even if they are different. We play a game for the joy, not to win. It never ends.

In the beginning, we were more like animals and killed each other for gain. After thousands or even millions of years, we learned to work together and civilization grew. Our Lord said, “Whenever two or more of you gather in my name, I am in their midst.” We tested the theory, and it worked. The soft energy wins. It is the hard energy that must be on guard or it will lose its strength and throw the balance off.

I am glad to be a human. Let’s play together and nobody wins. I just want to enjoy the game.

Here is a link to my blog: https://thesimpleravenspost.blogspot.ca/  Feel free to check other articles and comment.

Note: Tuesdays with Morrie is an interesting book if you like.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new Human.

  A new Human. Some time ago I was listening to a past American president's campaign speech. He was threatening harm to people who did...