Monday 5 June 2023

ESP and other mysteries.

 

ESP and other mysteries.

All that meets the eye. God created light by saying a word and life as we know it was born or created. We don’t know much about the creatures that we come from and at this point in our history have no way of finding out. Archeologists find tiny bone fragments and historians weave evolution stories around them.

When I was a child, we believed we were made from dirt by a mysterious divine being called God and we could have a one-way communication with Him through words we called prayers. By the time I was a teen, we were considered the results of evolution. There were other creatures like Neanderthals, who now were extinct, and Homoerectus won the race. That was us in a primitive form. Sometime later, there are billions of us on the Earth and we are fighting each other. Where I live, we are fighting to expand oil and gas production while the fires are snapping at our heels. Many of us disagree, but the political system only accepts one winner.

I was a child on the farm in Israel and I read all that I could about that which doesn’t meet the eye. For reasons I can’t explain, I had a special interest in things like (ESP) Extrasensory Perception, psychic abilities, telepathy, biofeedback, and consciousness. We didn’t yet have computers and the internet but people were testing and measuring the force that we can’t see but feel that exists. The religious people believed it is the power of God, but I felt it is just yet an unknown part of science. God, to me, is above the laws of physics, which we declare based on incomplete information.

I believed that there is a veil hiding some realities from the living about our existence. Life is a stage in my existence that can only function if I don’t know what comes after it and I don’t know why. The Bible talks about the “Kingdom of God” and people made stories about Hell. It is not mentioned in the Christian Bible. I look at my province and other parts of the country burning and I am reminded of the fires of Hell mentioned in our folklore. I remember Jesus saying, don’t cry for me, cry for your children. He also talked about family members fighting with each other. I see it materializing all around me.

My grandchildren are very concerned about what we are doing to the world. Their parents are ready to fight for the prosperity they hope to get by delaying action to stop the damage we are inflicting on the Earth. Sure, stop it, they say, after my time. The weapon manufacturers are increasing production. I wonder if we will be able to stomach watching the outcome of our search for prosperity when we face the results. But we choose what to believe or not.

I only know the world and all in it through my conscience. My conscience knows it through the five senses, mostly through the little black hole in each eye called the pupil. First, there was light, and we became aware of our universe. Now we began to learn where we are and figure out what we can do about it. Our brain learned to initiate action or movement, which each one of us repeats when we are born into the world. I can tell my leg or arm to move and it does. I can tell my brain to solve a problem and it will try its best.

When the brain does things, it is not doing so physically. I can say it’s doing some mental activity, or as the people from the past said, for lack of other words, spiritually. The “spirit” is the universal “force” that co-exists in our world but can’t be seen with any light. Some people worship it while others call it luck. Are we just lucky to have a world that is perfect for us? That is assigning too much power to luck, in my opinion. I believe in a holy spirit that can exist together with the physical world and has a mind of its own. It knows the future but grants us free will. Call me a fool, but I witnessed prayers work better than we can request them to. We can use the “force” or “Spirit” if we each discover how.

My thoughts change many times a second, so I have a hard time asking for the right things. Often, I jump on an idea just not to forget it. It may not be the best choice. When I do, I defend it out of pride. I humbly say I am just a human and trust in God. Many generations before me did, and we came a long way.

Some people cheated, others worked hard, and they all trusted that they were smart. A few became rich and powerful, but examining their whole life, I wouldn’t trade my life for theirs. I don’t trust my smartness and the material things. I trust the unseen that I feel but don’t see.

Every scientist today knows that if we go fast into space and come back, we will arrive at a different time than we experienced. Our old laws of physics are not true. We are advanced, but we don’t know a lot. Most of what we don’t know we still call mental or spiritual. We need new words to understand our reality. I am glad. I expect we will discover a new world in the old world that we know. I can’t give up on spiritualism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new Human.

  A new Human. Some time ago I was listening to a past American president's campaign speech. He was threatening harm to people who did...